The deltoids, or shoulder muscles, are an important muscle group to target for overall upper body strength and aesthetics. Here are the 5 exercises for building bigger deltoids:
- Standing Military Press: This exercise is a classic for building shoulder strength and size. It involves pressing a barbell or dumbbells overhead while standing, which targets the front, middle, and rear deltoids.
- Lateral Raise: This exercise targets the middle deltoids, or lateral head. It involves lifting dumbbells out to the sides while keeping your arms straight.
- Rear Deltoid Fly: This exercise targets the rear deltoids, which are often overlooked in shoulder workouts. It involves lying face down on a bench and lifting dumbbells out to the sides.
- Upright Row: This exercise targets the front and middle deltoids. It involves pulling a barbell or dumbbells up to your chest while keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Arnold Press: This exercise, named after legendary bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger, targets the front, middle, and rear deltoids. It involves pressing dumbbells overhead while rotating your palms inward as you lift.
When performing these exercises, it’s important to use proper form and gradually increase the weight as you become stronger. Incorporating these exercises into your shoulder workout routine can help to build bigger and stronger deltoids.