Contestant carries a weight-loaded implement with each hand for a max distance or for a set distance for time.
FARMERS WALK: 100 METERS / WITH TURN AT 50 METERS (BEST TIME)
– One attempt.
– 100 m course with a turn at 50 m.
– There may be a 60 second time limit.
– You may set the implements down once throughout the course. On the second set down distance will be measured.
– Farmers Implements: Handles are between 1 1⁄4” to 1 1⁄2” in diameter and un-knurled. Handle height is between 15” and 18” from the floor to the bottom of the handles.
– The implements start with the front of the implement or the front plate on the starting line. Measurements are taken from the back of the farthest back implement or from the back plate of the implement that is farthest back.
– Time will stop when the whole implement or back plate of the farthest back implement crosses the finish.
– No excessive sliding will be permitted. Distance will be measured from point of contact, not where implements slide to.
– Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, wrist wraps.
– Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky, lifting straps or hooks.