The Car Deadlift is a popular event in strongman. The Car Deadlift is typically performed with a steal frame placed under the tires of the car. Some frames allow for neutral grip handles or will be a front bar like a more standard deadlift. The specs of a Car Deadlift Frame are not standard and like many strongman events the equipment will vary.
CAR DEADLIFT: (MAX REPETITIONS)
– 1 attempt for repetitions.
– 60 second time limit.
– Regripping is allowed.
– Conventional stance ONLY allowed.
– Hitching is allowed.
– Handles may be to the sides or front of the athlete.
– Wheels of the vehicle must touch the floor before the athlete may proceed to the next rep.
– Good Lift: Athlete must lift the bar attached to the vehicle to a standing position with head up, shoulders back, legs and feet in line. Once the signal is given for the lift the athlete must return the bar to the floor under control. NO DROPPING OF THE BAR WILL BE ALLOWED.
– The athlete may put baby powder or water on the legs to reduce friction however the athlete should clean the bar after his attempt and before the next competitor.
– Vaseline, baby oil, or similar product may NOT be used on the legs to reduce friction.
– Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, Lifting Straps, Single ply Support Suit.
– Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky or similar product. Lifting hooks or straps.