The Axle Bar Squat can be performed for max load or for max reps. The Axle Bar Squat can also be performed freely without a platform and with a platform. The platform is a great way to keep the athletes safe as Axle Bars do roll on the back very easily.
Axle Bar Squat to Platforms for Max Reps (60sec):
– Axle bar will be used.
– One attempt.
– 60 second time limit.
– Must walk out.
– Wait for squat command from head judge.
– Time starts with squat command.
– Weights must touch platforms.
– Squat heights set during weigh-ins. (top of thigh parallel with floor).
– Singlet is required for this event.
– Equipment allowed: Belt, knee sleeves, knee wraps, multi-ply suits, briefs, and chalk.
– Equipment allowed: Belt, knee sleeves, and chalk.
– Equipment NOT allowed: Multi-ply suits, briefs, and knee wraps.