The Strongman will be required to lift the yoke and carry it as fast as possible. The distance will vary based on the requirements of the event. Some events have a split distance or half way point requiring the athlete to turn around. The rules can vary as some promoters will allow multiple drops where other promoters will not allow any drops. In many competitions this is often a head to head event or race between athletes. Fastest time wins.
YOKE: (BEST TIME)
1. One attempt.
2. 60 second time limit.
3. 50 to 100 feet course length.
4. One set down is normally allowed at a turn around point.
5. Athlete will start with the Yoke on the floor and shoulders under the crossbar.
6. The signal is given and the athlete must lift and carry the yoke throughout the
course and fully cross the finish to stop the clock.
7. No sliding of the yoke will be permitted. Disqualification from the event if sliding is
obvious, or a time penalty if inadvertent.
8. Equipment allowed: Belt, Knee sleeves or wraps, 1 ply supportive suit, chalk.
9. Equipment NOT allowed: Tacky.