1. The IronMind Hub must be an authentic IronMind Enterprises, Inc. Hub; it cannot
have been modified or tampered with in any way.
2. Ordinary chalk (magnesium carbonate) may be used on the lifting hand, but
nothing else is permitted (tacky, for example, is specifically disallowed).
3. Weight is hung from the Hub using an IronMind 15″ Olympic loading pin and
4. The lifter starts the lift with all 5 fingertips of the lifting hand touching the plate at
the base of the Hub. It is permissible that the fingers rotate somewhat from this
position during the course of the lift, but holding the Hub as if grabbing a
doorknob is not allowed. The Hub must remain approximately parallel to the
5. The lifter must stand up straight; once standing straight the lifter waits for a down
signal from the referee before returning the weight to the ground. Contact must
be maintained by the lifter’s hand and the Hub until the weight is resting on the
floor. The referee then indicates if the lift was accepted.
6. In contest situations, the lifter is given 1 minute to complete the lift after his/her
name is called; during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter
may try to complete the lift.
7. No grip aids other than chalk allowed. Ordinary chalk (magnesium carbonate)
may be used on the lifter’s hands, but nothing else is permitted (tacky, for
example, is specifically disallowed).
8. There shall be a chief referee and an official timekeeper.