1. The IronMind Blockbuster Pinch Grip Block must be an authentic current-model
IronMind Enterprises, Inc. Block; it cannot have been modified or tampered with
in any way.
2. Ordinary chalk (magnesium carbonate) may be used on the lifting hand, but
nothing else is permitted (tacky, for example, is specifically disallowed).
3. Weight is hung from the Block using an IronMind 15″ Olympic loading pin and
4. The lifter grabs the Block in approximately its center and lifts with the Block
remaining approximately parallel to the ground. A thumbless grip is not
5. The lifter must stand up straight; once standing straight the lifter waits for a down
signal from the referee before returning the weight to the ground. Contact must
be maintained by the lifter’s hand and the Block until the weight is resting on the
floor. The referee then indicates if the lift was accepted.
6. In contest situations, the lifter is given 1 minute to complete the lift after his/her
name is called; during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter
may try to complete the lift.
7. There shall be a chief referee and an official timekeeper.