1. A genuine IronMind Apollon’s Axle must be used, along with full-sized plates
(discs) that are the standard IWF/IPF diameter (450 mm).
2. The plates must either be calibrated or have been weighed on a proven scale.
3. Time starts when the Axle is loaded; the athletes have 60 seconds to begin the lift.
4. No grip aids other than chalk allowed. Ordinary chalk (magnesium carbonate) may
be used on the lifter’s hands, but nothing else is permitted (tacky, liquid chalk, and
wrist wraps, for example, are specifically disallowed).
5. The Axle must be gripped with the knuckles on both hands facing forward (away
from the body) with a double overhand grip.
6. Thumbless and hook grips are prohibited.
7. The athlete must complete the lift with knees locked and the shoulders back,
awaiting the referee’s down signal before returning the Axle to the platform while
maintaining a grip on or contact with the Axle.
8. IPF powerlifting rules define the key guidelines: resting the Axle on the thighs or
any downward movement will disqualify the lift, as would failure to await the down
signal or dropping the bar. A sumo style is permitted and the feet may move after
the lifter has received the down signal.
9. There shall be a chief referee who indicates whether the lift was passed or not.