1. The Grip Genie Hub must be an authentic current model; it cannot have been modified or tampered with in any way.
2. Ordinary chalk (magnesium carbonate) may be used on the lifting hand, but nothing else is permitted (tacky and wrist wraps, for example, are specifically disallowed).
3. Weight is hung from the Hub using a 10”-15″ loading pin and carabiner.
4. The lifter grabs the Hub in approximately its center and lifts with the Hub remaining approximately parallel to the ground.
5. The fingers may be arranged in any combination or grip providing that they are
- Above the flange (flat part of the hub)
- Around the perimeter of the hub (not inside the circle)
- Not all fingers have to be in contact with the hub at the start of the lift
6. The lifter must stand up straight; once standing straight, the lifter waits for a down signal from the referee before returning the weight to the ground. Contact must be maintained by the lifter’s hand and the Hub until the weight is resting on the floor. The referee then indicates if the lift was accepted.
7. In contest situations, the lifter is given 1 minute to complete the lift after his/her name is called; during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter may try to complete the lift.