Weightlifting equipment refers to the types of equipment used in the sport of Olympic weightlifting. Olympic weightlifting is a strength sport that consists of two events: the snatch and the clean and jerk. The goal of Olympic weightlifting is to lift as much weight as possible in each of these events. The equipment used in Olympic weightlifting includes:
- Barbells: Olympic barbells are used for both the snatch and the clean and jerk. They have a rotating sleeve to allow for a more smooth movement.
- Calibrated Bumper Plates: A special type of plate that can be dropped without damaging the floor or the plates.
- Collars: Clamps that hold the weights on the barbell.
- Platform: A raised platform that the lifter stands on during the competition.
- Chalk: used for gripping the barbell.
- Wrist Wraps, knee sleeves, belts, shoes: used for support and to increase the weight that can be lifted.
This equipment is designed to allow the lifter to safely and effectively lift heavy weights, and to test the lifter’s overall strength, power, and technique. We have the equipment you need for all your weightlifting training.
Our Weightlifting Equipment:
KG Bumper Plates
Weightlifting is highly technical. It takes a lot of coordination to perform all of the elements of the lift with accuracy. [Read more…]
We provide a uniquely fun and professional experience for the athletes. See a list of our annual weightlifting meets. Many are open to the public for registration. [Read more…]
Our seminars are about experiencing the basic weightlifting positions and learning how to achieve movement quality. We help you to master those movements that are often very difficult and uncomfortable in the early stages of learning. [Read more…]
We have all types of programs to meet a variety of training needs. We provide beginner guides, exercise demonstrations, a detailed breakdown of the lifts, and year-round programming. [Read more…]
Becoming competitive in weightlifting requires focus and attention to detail. Those that have made the commitment to be their best owe it to themselves to enter the most competitive stage possible. [Read more…]
Each of our coaches is highly skilled at breaking down the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk. In addition to our coaches on site, we have masters coaches to analyze and break down the lifts virtually. [Read more…]