Weightlifting equipment refers to the types of equipment used in the sport of Olympic weightlifting. Olympic weightlifting is a strength sport that consists of two events: the snatch and the clean and jerk. The goal of Olympic weightlifting is to lift as much weight as possible in each of these events. The equipment used in Olympic weightlifting includes:
- Barbells: Olympic barbells are used for both the snatch and the clean and jerk. They have a rotating sleeve to allow for a more smooth movement.
- Calibrated Bumper Plates: A special type of plate that can be dropped without damaging the floor or the plates.
- Collars: Clamps that hold the weights on the barbell.
- Platform: A raised platform that the lifter stands on during the competition.
- Chalk: used for gripping the barbell.
- Wrist Wraps, knee sleeves, belts, shoes: used for support and to increase the weight that can be lifted.
This equipment is designed to allow the lifter to safely and effectively lift heavy weights, and to test the lifter’s overall strength, power, and technique. We have the equipment you need for all your weightlifting training.
Our Weightlifting Equipment:
KG Bumper Plates