Grinder Gym provides programs and services in the areas of fitness and wellness, strength and conditioning, sports nutrition, strength sport competition, event management, and online coaching & programming. The Grinder Gym facility has an average of 150 users per day, including members, clients, faculty/staff, and daily drop ins. Grinder Gym employees on average of 15 staff/independent contractors.
Assist the fitness staff in providing a dynamic work environment built around helping others maximize their potential, where limitless opportunity is cultivated by the highest in industry standards across training, education, marketing, media and sales.
- Students must be eligible to earn academic credit for their work
- At least 2-years completion towards an undergraduate degree.
- An outgoing and personable disposition, able to socialize with others
- A passion for fitness and helping others reach their health and wellness goals
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly
- Current health insurance coverage is required
- Must be a full or part-time student in good academic standing
- Recent medical examination
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- First Aid & CPR Certified
Essential Duties/Job Responsibilities
- Be punctual and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Grinder Gym mission, culture and values in all interactions with clients, coworkers and the general public.
- Take pride in all work performed.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Assist with office work, such as sending emails/cards, helping with collecting testimonials, and running errands as needed.
- Provide a positive and safe training environment and experience for all members.
- Provide administrative support for personal training, strength and conditioning, and sports performance sessions.
- Provide administrative support for massage therapy and bodywork sessions.
- Provide administrative support for group fitness classes, camps, seminars, and competitions/events.
- Provide administrative support for corporate fitness and marketing events.
- Meet with Grinder Gym staff members and learn about our business systems, culture, marketing, and training philosophy.
- Learn the business aspects of running a fitness facility.
- Seek regular client feedback.
- Follow up on all communications from clients.
Interested and qualified individuals should send an application letter, resume including a minimum of three references (may be work or academic) to:
1013 Morena Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92110
Grinder Gym is a for profit business under the control of Dave DePew Enterprises, Inc. (a privately held California Corporation).
Email application materials must be in word format. Interviews will be conducted of qualified applicants prior to offering the internship position.
Deadline: For fall 2017- June 15, 2017 for winter 2017/2018- November 15, 2017. All applications will be reviewed as received.
Questions should be directed to Dave DePew, Internship Supervisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.