1. A GRIP GENIE ROLLING GRIP THING must be used. It cannot have
been modified in any way, and it must be inspected to ensure that the
handle rotates. The lift starts with the weight in between the lifter’s feet,
using an 15″ Olympic loading pin (or shorter) and carabiner.
2. The lifter grabs the ROLLING GRIP THING handle in approximately its
center and lifts with the handle remaining approximately parallel to the
ground. A thumb less grip is not permitted.
3. Any contact between the lifter’s hand and the non-revolving portion of the
handle disqualifies the lift; and other than incidental contact, the hand or
ROLLING GRIP THING handle must not touch the body before the lift is
4. The lifter must fully straighten up (back erect, legs and hips locked out).
5. Once standing straight, the lifter must maintain control of the lift before
getting a down signal from the chief referee. The lifter must then return the
weight to the ground under control. Contact must be maintained between
the lifter’s hand and the handle until the weight is resting on the floor. The
referee(s) then indicates whether the lift was passed or not.
6. The lifter is given 1 minute to complete the lift after his/her name is called;
during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter may try to
complete the lift. If a lifter fails to complete a lift, the lifter has no further
7. Ordinary chalk (magnesium carbonate) may be used on the lifter’s hand,
but nothing else is permitted (tacky and wrist wraps, for example, are
8. Blocks under the feet may be used by the lifter if desired.