1. The Grip Genie Pinch Block must be an authentic current model; it cannot have been modified or tampered with in any way.
2. Ordinary chalk (magnesium carbonate) may be used on the lifting hand, but nothing else is permitted (tacky and wrist wraps, for example, are specifically disallowed).
3. Weight is hung from the Block using a 10”-15″ loading pin and carabiner.
4. The lifter grabs the Block in approximately its center and lifts with the Block remaining approximately parallel to the ground. A thumbless grip is not permitted.
5. The lifter is not allowed to hook his or her fingers under the bottom of the block. Doing so is immediate “no lift”.
6. The lifter must stand up straight; once standing straight, the lifter waits for a down signal from the referee before returning the weight to the ground. Contact must be maintained by the lifter’s hand and the Block until the weight is resting on the floor. The referee then indicates if the lift was accepted.
7. In contest situations, the lifter is given 1 minute to complete the lift after his/her name is called; during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter may try to complete the lift.