***Grinder Gym & Grinder Strongman Club Presents***
WRATH OF THE WARRIOR 2022
1013 Morena Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92110
DATE & TIME
Saturday, April 16, 2022
Starts at 11am
Awards for top 3 finishers in each class.
- Axle Bar Squat: Athletes will begin by placing the bar on the upper back and shoulders. The athlete will lift the weight off the rack and walk out with the weight. The athlete may step out forward or backward. Once the weight is walked out the athlete will take a shoulder-width stance and wait for a squat command. The athlete then lowers the weight all the way down until the weight reaches the blocks. The athlete then lifts the weight back up to a full lockout. The athlete will then wait for a squat command and once again repeat the squat. The athlete is provided 60 seconds from the time of the first squat command to perform as many reps as possible. Each athlete’s squat depth is decided by the meet director during the check-in process. Rack heights and block heights will be set at that time and can’t be altered by anyone other than the meet director. Allowed items include chalk, 1 belt*, knee wraps, or knee sleeves. Athletes may use squat briefs and compression shorts, but may not use squat suits. Singlets are not required.
- Press Medley: The press medley will consist of three implements the athlete must press overhead. These are the Circus DB, Log Bar, and Axle Bar. Athletes will be allowed to press the implements in any order. Points will be provided for each implement pressed overhead. The athlete that completes all 3 lifts with the fastest time will be ranked and scored the highest. Athletes will have 60 seconds to complete the event. The athlete must wait for a down command to lower the implement. Any uncontrolled drops from overhead will result in a no rep. Athletes who fail to control the weight or throw the weight will receive a zero on the Press Medley. Allowed items include chalk, 1 belt*, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee wraps, or knee sleeves.
A) Circus Dumbbell C&P – Athletes may use either hand to clean and press the CDB. Two hands may be used to clean the CDB to the rack position. The athlete may have only one hand on the CDB when pressing overhead. The elbow must be completely locked out and the body fully extended with no forward, back, or side to side movement to receive the down command. The lift is only good if the athlete is given the down command and guided down to the crash pad.
B) Log Bar C&P – The elbows must be completely locked out and the body fully extended with no forward, back, or side to side movement to receive the down command. The log bar must never rest on the head during the lift. The lift is only good if the athlete is given the down command and guided down to the crash pads.
C) Axle Bar Any How Overhead Press – A clean and press with any combination of hand positioning is acceptable. Steinborn and Zercher lifts are also acceptable lifts to get the axle bar from the floor. The press must originate from a front rack position or from behind the head. The elbows must be completely locked out and the body fully extended with no forward, back, or side to side movement to receive the down command. The axle bar may rest on the athlete’s belt, but the axle bar must never rest on the head during the lift. The lift is only good if the athlete is given the down command and controlled to the platform for the lift to be good. Allowed items include grip shirt, chalk, 1 belt*, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee wraps, or knee sleeves. No tacky is allowed.
- Stone Series: Athletes will have 90 seconds to successfully load all four atlas stones to the stone load tables. Stones will be set up in front of the tables in accenting weight and descending table height. Allowed items include grip shirt, tacky, chalk, 1 belt*, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee wraps, or knee sleeves.
- Conan’s Wheel: Athletes will Zercher lift the bar and carry the implement in a circle. Athletes may choose to go in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. The athlete will 60 seconds to carry the implement as far as possible. One drop within the first 3 feet is allowed to adjust for stability. Any drops outside the 3 feet starting block will end the event, and both distance & time will be recorded for scoring. The athlete that goes the farthest distance will rank the highest. Athletes who tie for the same distance will then be ranked based on the fastest time they covered that distance. The bar must never rest on the athlete’s belt. Allowed items include grip shirt, chalk, 1 belt*, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee wraps, or knee sleeves. No tacky is allowed.
- Frame Hold: Athletes stand inside and lift the frame straight off the ground and hold as long as possible. Athletes will be provided a start command. The timer will begin once the athlete is in an upright standing position. The timer will stop once the athlete can no longer hold the frame. An athlete’s ranking is based on the longest held time. The frame has two upright handles that are 34.5 inches from each other and 17 inches from the ground. Allowed items include chalk, 1 belt, knee wraps, or knee sleeves. Athletes may not use tacky or wrist straps.
* The one belt rule – The athlete may wear one soft belt and one hard belt over the soft belt, but may not wear two hard belts.
Friday, April 15th from 12pm to 8pm
Saturday, April 16th from 8am to 10am
NO SAME-DAY REGISTRATION.
NO WEIGH-INS AFTER 10AM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
ENTRY FEES, PAYMENTS & REFUNDS
$100 for online registration
ENTRIES ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NON TRANSFERABLE
One free T-shirt per person. Additional shirts are $20.00.
Spectator fee online is $10.00.
Please show proof of online purchase at the door.
Children under age 10 get in free.
US Strongman membership is required and can be purchased at Iron Podium.
For details on US Strongman visit their website at www.unitedstatesstrongman.com
There are no specific qualifications that must be made to participate in this event. Athletes must simply be an active member of US Strongman to compete in this event.
DIVISIONS & WEIGHT CLASSES
Novice Women (Single Class)
Open W LW (132-)
Open W MW (165-)
Open W HW (198-)
Open W SHW (242-)
Open W SHW (242+)
Masters Women (Single Class)
Novice Men (Single Class)
Open M LW (181-)
Open M MW (220-)
Open M HW (275-)
Open M SHW (308-)
Open M SHW (308+)
Masters M MW (220-)
Masters M HW (220+)
Preregistration available online at Iron Podium.